The Chatterbus Service
Many residents in Cobham and the surrounding area have access to their own transport. However, a significant minority does not and there are also many car owners who need a cheap, eco-friendly alternative for local journeys. Chatterbus has been set up to provide a reliable bus service to help everyone, young or old, to get around more easily.
The introduction of this new bus service to run East-West between Cobham and Weybridge (plus Fetcham and Leatherhead on Saturdays) plugs a significant gap in the local transport system and complements existing bus services.
- Chatterbus provides services from Cobham, Downside, Stoke D’Abernon and Oxshott to Brooklands Retail Park and its superstores.
- There is regular access to Weybridge and its important community services including the Jobcentre Plus, and its connections with other Surrey transport services.
- Cobham & Stoke D’Abernon station is now much more accessible to people coming from Cobham, both commuters and off-peak travellers.
- Chatterbus connects Stoke d’Abernon, Oxshott and Downside with Cobham and its many shops and services. And of course, there are now more buses to take you to Oxshott and Stoke D’Abernon from Cobham and Weybridge.
- School children at St. Matthew’s in Downside and St Andrew’s in Cobham can use Chatterbus daily to get to and from school.
- Chatterbus opens up regular access to local attractions like Painshill Landscape Garden, the Medicine Garden in Downside and Oxshott Heath. On Saturdays there are service extensions straight to Brooklands Museum, Mercedes-Benz World and Leatherhead Leisure Centre.
Chatterbus services appear as routes C1 (weekday service) and C2 (Saturday Service) in Surrey County Council bus timetables and on the front of the bus.