- Published: Saturday, 28 March 2015 17:45
The Chatterbus was launched today (Friday 27th March 2015) outside Waitrose in Cobham.
We were pleased to welcome our main sponsors Surrey County Council, Elmbridge Borough Council, Chelsea Footbal Club Foundation and Anchor to the event.
All of this would not have been possible without the huge support from our Councillors Mary Lewis, Jan Fuller and Mike Bennison. A team of people have worked tirelessly to bring it all together and we are now set to start the service on Tue 7th April 2015 where it will connect Cobham, Oxshott, Stoke D'Abernon, Downside, Brooklands Retail Park, Weybridge, Leatherhead and Fetcham.
Sir Gerald Acher and his wife, Lady Joyce have been key organisers of the project and it was only fitting that Lady Joyce cut the ribbon and declare the service ready for its first passenger on the 7th April.
Here are a few photographs from the event.
- Published: Wednesday, 04 March 2015 21:07
Chatterbus Community Bus CIC vice chairman and Surrey County Councillor Mary Lewis told Surrey Hills Radio's Community Show today that, "Chatterbus is not just for one category of people, it's for all kinds of people".
She's spot on - young families, teenagers and the more elderly, non-drivers as well as those who would like to take a break from driving and parking, plus of course commuters, shoppers and school children can all benefit from our brand new community bus service.
Go to https://www.mixcloud.com/tag/chatterbus/... and jump to 14:25 to hear Mary's interview. The Chatterbus starts on the 7th April 2015.
- Published: Saturday, 28 February 2015 00:00
The Cobham Chatterbus has been featured in the Cobham and Weybridge editions of the free Look Local magazine this month (March 2015).
Interest is growing in the new Chatterbus service which will be launched on 7th April 2015.
More Articles ...
- Railway timetable changes this Thursday 24th and Friday 25th August
- More Roadworks in Cobham - Starting 21st Aug 2017
- Chatterbus Weekday Timetable Changes during August 2017
- There are two ways to get to Cobham Health Centre by Chatterbus
- The Chelsea Foundation to support the Chatterbus for a further three years